Seriously, folks, calm the hell down. I'm a gun owner. I would never support anything that threatens my rights as a gun owner.
This new treaty keeps guns out of the hands of terrorists, so unless you yourself are a terrorist, you've got nothing to worry about. Stop listening to all the morons out there -- they are trying to get you all upset and excited so you'll run out and buy a bunch of guns and ammo. They're full of shit.
Quoting the treaty:
- The Second Amendment to the Constitution must be upheld.
- There will be no restrictions on civilian possession or trade of firearms otherwise permitted by law or protected by the U.S. Constitution.
- There will be no dilution or diminishing of sovereign control over issues involving the private acquisition, ownership, or possession of firearms, which must remain matters of domestic law.
- The U.S. will oppose provisions inconsistent with existing U.S. law or that would unduly interfere with our ability to import, export, or transfer arms in support of our national security and foreign policy interests.
- The international arms trade is a legitimate commercial activity, and otherwise lawful commercial trade in arms must not be unduly hindered.
- There will be no requirement for reporting on or marking and tracing of ammunition or explosives.
- There will be no lowering of current international standards.
- Existing nonproliferation and export control regimes must not be undermined.
- The ATT negotiations must have consensus decision making to allow us to protect U.S. equities.
- There will be no mandate for an international body to enforce an ATT.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.
Quit listening to the liars, they're playing you for fools.