*I can't wait!*
Info on the show:
The Fifth Annual Minnesota Shorts Play Festival will be 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5 and 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6 at the Mankato West Theatre, 1351 Stoltzman Road.
As a 5th Anniversary Special, any college student or high school student can get an advance ticket for half price -- just $5. GET THEM BY CLICKING HERE.
Ticket sales are on the right hand side of the page.
Thursday night will be reserved to show the top 8 short plays written by Minnesota playwrights (chosen from 89 submissions).
Friday night will feature the top 8 plays from all other writers across the country (chosen from 409 submissions). That way, our festival has the best of both worlds. All plays are 15 minutes or less.
Plays are performed and directed by people from Minnesota State University, Mankato; Bethany Lutheran College; Merely Players; Mankato Mosaic Theatre Company; the Playwrights Project; Box Wine Theatre of Minneapolis; Lakeshore Players of White Bear Lake; Freshwater Theatre of Minneapolis and more.
Here is a list of the 16 finalist scripts:
- "Dream a Little Dream" by James Grob of Bloomfield, IA
- "A Long Trip" by Dan McGeehan of Tulsa, OK
- "The Button Pushers" by Ruben Carbajal of Jersey City, NJ
- "All's Fair in Love and Science" by CJ Erhlich of Chappaqua, NY
- "Seldom is Heard" by Mary Steelsmith of Los Angeles, CA
- "Kung-Foolery" by Brett Hursey of Farmville, VA
- "Scripted" by Mark Harvey Levine of Pasadena, CA
- "You Haven't Changed a Bit" by Donna Hoke of East Amherst, NY (Judges' Choice Award winner).
- "The Night Light" by Whitney Rowland of Minneapolis;
- "On the Home Front" by t.d. barna of Eagle Lake;
- "Wiener Dog Worries" by Ruth Furan of North Mankato;
- "Todd Walker in Japan" by Mitch DeDeyn of Shoreview;
- "Invincible!" by Mary Jost of North Mankato;
- "The Gospel According to Hertha" by Esther Hoffmann of Mankato;
- "ET v Predator" by Adam Sharp of Minneapolis and
- "Driving Herd" by Sam Graber of Minneapolis (Judges' Choice Award winner).